TigerGraph Wraps Momentous 2021, Roars Into 2022
If I had to choose one word to describe 2021, it would be “momentum.” Industries are quickly adopting machine learning and AI workloads for competitive advantage. As one customer told me, “Graph is the DNA for AI.”
The year was filled with many milestones. At TigerGraph we out-performed the objectives and key results we set for ourselves, establishing TigerGraph as the definitive graph analytics platform for AI, and launched key product features to bring the value of graph to business users. We are committed to bringing the value of graph databases to everyone – easily.
As we roar into 2022, the Year of the Tiger, let’s pause to reflect back on the impactful, market-leading, and momentous growth we experienced in 2021.
- Raised $105 million in Series C funding: One of the largest funding rounds to date within the graph database and analytics market, the round was led by Tiger Global and brings our total funding raised to over $170 million.
- Opened a research and development-focused center of innovation in San Diego: TigerGraph partnered with UC San Diego’s Halıcıoğlu Data Science Institute (HDSI) as a member of HDSI’s Industry Partner Alliance and the Institute’s alumni and career development centers to attract top engineering talent.
- Employee growth: We tripled our workforce and expanded our global footprint with new offices in Canada, France, India, and Singapore.
- Hired industry innovators: Dr. Jay Yu joined TigerGraph as vice president of product innovation and Pekka Kostamaa as vice president of engineering to head the global engineering team at TigerGraph.
- TigerGraph Cloud: We introduced TigerGraph Cloud, the only distributed graph database-as-a-service available on all three major cloud platforms – Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and GCP. We also added connectors for Snowflake, Tableau, and PowerBI.
- Democratizing graph: We delivered 48x faster time-to-insight and an 18% boost in accuracy via a bundled solution with Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) and Xilinx that makes graph analytics more accessible for enterprises.
TigerGraph’s customer base grew over 300% in 2021. With our scalable graph analytics platform, companies like Microsoft Xbox, JPMorgan Chase, Equifax, Unilever, Mercedes-Benz, and Ford Motor Company are finding new insights and patterns in their data, allowing them to drive better business outcomes.
Some examples include:
- JPMorgan Chase: TigerGraph was inducted into the JPMorgan Chase Hall of Innovation. Gill Haus, Chief Information Officer for Consumer & Community Banking at JPMorgan Chase, said, “The speed and scalability of TigerGraph enable us to identify complex relationships from our rich data sets in real time, which helps us protect the more than 60 million households we serve in the U.S.”
- Jaguar Land Rover: JLR added more than £100M incremental profit as the company was able to identify issues in its supply chain and respond in minutes with TigerGraph, compared to three weeks with RDMS. JLR was recognized on the CIO 100 List for this achievement.
- Intuit Corporation: Boosted fraud detection by 50% by combining graph and machine learning.
- The Technical University of Denmark: Combined graph technology with machine learning to improve the diagnosis of and treatment for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia, a type of cancer that disproportionately affects children.
Community and Partner Momentum
- Three Graph + AI Summit events: Nearly 20,000 attendees gathered in-person and virtually for featured speakers from Gartner, JPMorgan Chase, Intuit, Google, Jaguar Land Rover, Pinterest, Forrester Research, MasterCard, Capgemini, Optum, and many more. These events are the industry’s only open conferences devoted to democratizing and accelerating analytics, AI, and machine learning with graph algorithms.
- Broadened partner ecosystem: An array of global systems integrators, technology vendors, and fulfillment partners joined PartnerGraph, TigerGraph’s global partner program, to meet increasing demand for our platform. Capgemini, Dell, Google, and Microsoft all accelerated momentum on the global stage, while at the same time we deepened our reach with regionally focused partners such as Kubrick Group in the UK, UL Systems in Japan, Synnex Metrodata in Indonesia, and Megazone in Korea.
- Expanded global developer community: With a focus on adoption, TigerGraph’s community quadrupled in size in 2021. Weekly visitors grew from a few hundred to over 10,000 and downloads of key tools such as pyTigerGraph hit a record high of over 4,500 weekly requests. Overall activity also picked up with more than 3,000 community engagements from 161 countries around the world.
Awards and Accolades
- TigerGraph earned “Honorable Mention” in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Cloud Database Management Systems
- TigerGraph was recognized as “Top Data and AI COVID-19 Use Case” and “Top 3 Data and AI Vendor” in the Datanami 2021 Readers’ and Editors’ Choice Awards
- DevOps Dozen Awards finalist for “Best DevOps for DataOps/Database Solution”
- Inclusion in InsideBIGData IMPACT 50 and DBTA “Trend-Setting Products in Data and Information Management” lists.
Check out TigerGraph’s complete awards list here.
In 2022, our momentum continues with the return of Graph + AI in the spring, along with some special announcements that the community will be super excited about. Stay tuned!